Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today I celebrate my mom, one of the greatest women I know. So much love, compassion, patience, kindness and always giving of herself. I also celebrate my mother in law. Without her I wouldn't have such a great, hardworking husband. I also celebrate the lights of my life, my husband, Grant and our daughter, Sadie. Without them my life wouldn't be as full.


"The world needs the touch of women and their love, their comfort, and their strength. Our harsh environment needs their encouraging voices, the beauty that seems to fall within their natures, the spirit of charity that is their inheritance."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley, Standing for Something

As this Mother's Day brings lots of joy to our home, it also reminds me of many not so happy Mother's Days. The many years of yearning to become a "Mother". My heart goes out to those who are faced with this trial. Know that you are a "Mother" and today is to celebrate you as well. All women influence the lives of those they come in contact with. So today, I also celebrate all those who have influenced my life.......family, friends, in laws, yw leaders, teachers and many more.

“Now, I say the women have great influence. Look at the nations of the earth. Any nation you like, no matter which, and you enlist the sympathies of the female portion of it and what is there you cannot perform? If the government wants soldiers, they are on hand; if means, it is forthcoming. If you want influence and power, and have the ladies on your side, they will give it you.”
-President Brigham Young

Happy Mother's Day to All!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Cami!! Happy Mother's Day!! Thank you so much for your message! I was also thinking about you today! I'm excited to talk to you again soon! Love you, Erin

    ReplyDelete